Thursday, 6 August 2009

How to maintain a fine balance between guy friends, girlfriends, and green tea.

I can be a lazy lump of lard when it comes to keeping in touch with everyone I know in life.

Last week, I realized that there's this deal when it comes to serious friend maintainence - the issue of too much and too few. For instance, if I call my girlfriends twice a week - they feel I'm not spending enough time with them, and I call my guy friends twice a week - they start wondering why I'm calling so often.

After a month of relentlesly fixing loose ends with friends and acquaintances of all kinds, I've come up with absolute solutions to solve all friend trouble.

1) If anyone yells at you for not keeping in touch, tell them that they are on your speed dial. It makes them feel important and saves you the time and energy for any further explanation.

2) Once they finish their rant on how you never bother keeping in touch, come up with a sad story (100% works on guys) eg. my aunt's aunt's brother's daughter died. etc. who cares, but you'll get the sympathy vote anyway.

3) I tried calling you 981249693769 times but it said 'you were busy' or not 'reachable'.

4) Blame it on work, and start complaining till their ears bleed. No-one likes it, and they'd probably understand right away.

5) Spam everyone's inboxes with forwards. That way they can never complain that they didn't hear from you. In fact, after a while they wouldn't want to hear from you either. Tch!

4 voices:

Gradwolf said...

so that's why you pinged! Oh, and you haven't even called me once :p twice a week it seems...

Tejilee Tembe said...

ha ha ha...how did i miss reading this one??!!

and see there we already have someone complaining!!! ;)

@Gradwolf: hehehehehe you guys!! ;0

Revathy said...

but I *AM* on your speed dial right? Like really? I'll be really mad if I'm not!

Jithu said...

I just heard your No.4 recently